“Mould Removal” vs. Mould Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Since microscopic mould spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mould from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration businesses advertise “mould removal” and even guarantee to remove all mould. This is a fallacy. We understand mould and mould growth. SERVPRO of Milton & North Oakville has the training and expertise to remediate the mould in your home or business.
Signs of Mould? Call Today – (905) 864-9544
When water intrudes into your property, mould growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mould facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour, and that odour can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mould Remediation Process
Every mould damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mould remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mould remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (905) 864-9544
- Inspection and Mould Damage Assessment
- Mould Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mould and Mould-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Milton & North Oakville is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2060 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.